ABOUT THE PLACE TO BE USED
Performance Space is a priority for artists at risk. Since 30 years ago in response to the desire of professionals to explore and explore new art, Performance Space has been identifying, developing and presenting new ways of performing contemporary art. We protect risks, experiments, and new ways of presenting. The Performance Space continues to evolve and reinvent itself to meet the needs of the independent community and explore new forms of production and showcase the most important and important new work.
The development of our social and artistic activities is informed and supported by a commitment to diversity. Performance Space includes a variety of arts and cultures as essential to an experimental artistic culture. Therefore we have the opportunity to do the work of Aboriginal artists, artists from different cultures, artists who explore new aspects of sex and sexuality, disability and artists pushing the boundaries of the human through new modern experiments.
Liveworks is Performance Space’s biggest annual season, which lasts two weeks in October and activates all the Carriageworks spaces: every theater, gallery and studio as well as the visual and outdoor spaces of the building. In both venues, Liveworks showcases the most exciting new artists and works from across Australia and the Asia-Pacific region in one multi-faceted festival. Liveworks has already found a unique place in the Australian ecosystem: promoting innovation
contemporary art in the area, and connecting it to a large, diverse and growing community
The Marketing Specialist works closely with the Senior Marketing and Development Manager and the Performance Space team, leading the delivery of marketing and communications strategies. You will work closely with the Senior Marketing and Development Manager to develop the annual marketing and communications strategy for the Performance Space throughout the year, as well as the Liveworks Festival of Experimental Art, our annual international exhibition platform.
Covering all marketing and communications channels, including social media, eDMs, PSpace and Liveworks website, digital advertising, print collateral, radio, billboards and tickets. Working with internal and external partners to deliver a multi-channel plan.
The Marketing Specialist will also work closely with the Senior Marketing and Development Manager in maintaining our database, and planning and delivering events.
- Work closely with the Senior Marketing and Development Manager on the development of marketing and communications strategies for the annual Performance Space program and the Liveworks Festival of Experimental Art.
- Lead the delivery of marketing and communications strategies across all marketing channels, media, eDMs, PSpace and Liveworks website, digital marketing, print collateral, radio, billboards and ticketing to engage new audiences and retain existing audiences.
- Work closely with the Senior Marketing and Development Manager to create digital and print marketing collateral that promotes Performance Space programs and events including:
- concept and product development
- compilation, copying and modification
- design management and publishing
- distribution and promotion
- Owner of social media strategies that manage strategies and produce campaigns and content.
- Managing the Performance Space website, making sure everything is updated, and managing the transition of the website to the Liveworks Festival website. This will require the use of a CMS, requiring minimal documentation.
- Support the Senior Marketing & Development Manager and Ticketing, Volunteer and Front Of House Coordinator in developing and delivering liveworks audience development strategies.
- Maintain Performance Space’s online presence through maintaining our website, event listings and other digital marketing as appropriate
- Opportunity to supervise interviewing interns
- Work with our key external stakeholders including – advertisers, digital marketing specialist, Carriageworks marketing team, planners, as well as staff and volunteers working on marketing and development.
ADMIN AND ACTIVITIES
- Assist the Senior Marketing and Development Manager in managing events throughout the year, including guest lists, catering and other events.
- Assist in managing the Performance Space database
- Manage staff meeting minutes and book meeting rooms as needed
- Assist the Performance Space team with other administrative duties as required.
It is important for a Marketing Specialist to have:
- Experience in an arts organization or art history
- Experience in delivering a marketing strategy in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email clients, Adobe suite (especially InDesign and Photoshop) and working on Mac computers
- Great attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication including writing and editing skills
- Experience creating EDMs in Campaign Monitor, Mailchimp or a similar platform
- Learn how to use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tik Tok for marketing
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to solve work problems and prioritize competing interests
It is important for the Marketing Coordinator to have:
- Experience with digital marketing strategies including SEM, SEO, display and
- Experience in delivering events
- Experience using a database such as Salesforce
- Experience working with CMS websites
Jan-Jul: 3 days a week
Aug – Oct: 5 days a week
Oct Festival Dates: 7 Days (festival on all days)
Nov – Dec: 3 days a week
APPLICATIONS BE 9am Thursday 16 Feb and the interview will take place in the next two weeks.
To apply for the Marketing Specialist role please contact us:
- A cover letter expressing your interest in working with Performance Space as a Marketing Specialist Including how your skills, experience and experience match the roles and options (no more than two A4 pages)
- curriculum vitae (CV) of no more than two pages with two references
- Please ensure that all your contact details, including phone number and postal address, are included in your CV or email application.
- Please provide all attachments as PDFs.
We will only accept applications by email. Please use the heading ‘Marketing Specialist application – Name’. Send your work to email@example.com
If you have any questions please contact:
Senior Marketing and Development Manager
Performance Space is committed to equality and diversity, both through our practices and as an employer. Our actions and strategies aim to reflect the diverse needs, expectations and values of all members of our community. We strive to ensure that no one in our community is disadvantaged based on our work or access to our services on the basis of gender, gender identity, disability, race, religion or belief, age or sexual orientation.